Youth rehabilitation order
This is a community sentence for those under the age of 18. The court can attach a variety of requirements to the order. These are:
• an activity requirement ;
• a supervision requirement ;
• in a case where the offender is aged 16 or 17 at the time of the conviction, an unpaid work requirement ;
• a programme requirement;
• an attendance centre requirement ;
• a prohibited activity requirement;
• a curfew requirement ;
• an exclusion requirement;
• a residence requirement;
• a local authority residence requirement;
• treatment requirements, e.g. mental health, drug rehabilitation, alcohol rehabilitation;
• a drug testing requirement; and
• an education requirement.
In addition a youth rehabilitation order may also impose an electronic monitoring requirement. It can also be with intensive supervision and surveillance or with fostering.